• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

skeet

Texas
Disability insurance was granted without admitting liability by the disability insurance. Was granted ssd. now, disability insurance is demanding a signed form that will allow them to obtain but not limited to:(this is the way it's worded)credit reports and credit applications, other financial information, eg bank records, business transactions of any kind or description, including billing, invoices or payment records of any kind.
the insurance rep stated, she needed this information to obtain my medical records.
Do I have to release this kind of personal information??

ALawyer

I'd have to see what the POLICY says they are entitled to, and perhaps how long it was in force (if less than 2 years they can "contest" it if you provided false information on the application).

USUALLY the company has the right to have you EXAMINED by its doctors. And to determine that you have a valid claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">