• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disable Adult child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I would like to know if there is any way that my 23 year son can get some kind of support from his father. Especially during the summer months, being I am a teacher and do not work the summer. My son lives with me and he does get S.S. disability, but it does not cover all his medical cost per month. I am the one who ends up paying for this. We found out that he was a manic depressive after the divorce. Therefore there was nothing written in the divorce regarding this. His dad was paying his doctor's bill until 2 years ago when my son tried to commit suicide. Since then his dad will not pay for anything. And it's not like he doesn't have money. He pays no alimony, no child support and anything. But I could use some help with the upkeep and well fair of OUR son. Is there anything legally I can do to get this help from him. He refused to talk to me. If our son ask him for money, he brings him back home in 5 minutes. What can I do?
????? I live in Florida now, the divorce was finalized in Texas in 1991.

[Edited by Dorys on 06-04-2001 at 09:52 PM]


Senior Member
My response:

We'd like to assist you; however, you apparently didn't see that red writing up at the top of the page. Without your State name, or the name of the State where the problem happened, it would be difficult to assist you. Laws are different everywhere.

Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to you editing your post.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential