• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disabled by ssi but not insurance company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lilmissmuffett

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Illinois. Social Security has claimed me as totally disabled but the insurance company for our bank says that i am not . now they have repoed our car because of this. the lady at the bank does not understand why they did it and has not contacted us with any information, what should i do

tigger22472

Have you asked anyone what the insurance needs provided in order to determine you disabled? My husband had a personal loan through a bank and last summer when he broke his neck in 5 places the first thing we did was see if he had disablity insurance on the loan. THANK GOD HE DID. However, we have gone round and round with them.. Every 30 days they send us a letter that asks if he's returned to work... yada yada yada. Every month I state on there he hasn't and won't. They've gotten to the point where his doctors don't have to sign it anymore and just last month was finally approved for disability. The only problems we've had with this loan is the bank calls every once in a while wanting money from us because the insurance co. hasn't paid the loan and they want late fees. More then once my husband has asked them what the hell he has the insurance for if they are coming after him. He never had to see any one for the loan but maybe your insurance co. is different.

L

lilmissmuffett

insurance denial

We have had our doc fill out several claims and they stated that i am not disabled but they refused to return our calls. my husband was also injured with a back injury and was off from march 10,2003 until may 27 2003 and we never received any information on his claim either

tigger22472

This is the time in which I would see about getting a free consultation from a lawyer to represent you.

Are you saying the doctors are saying you are disabled and the insurance co. is not?? Have you asked them what they base this opinion on? Although this may be a dirty way to look at it but I've seen this tactic work more then once. Make them believe you have a lawyer and have been given your rights. Hopefully one of our lawyers on here can help. I know I had a few questions about disability and they couldn't help but every situation is different. Again my first question to them would be how they determine this. If you can't get answers through the phone try send CRR mail to them. That way before you go to court you can show that you gave every effort to get in touch with them.

Good luck and please post to keep updated... I'd love to hear their reasoning

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">