• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disagreement Waiver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

Can someone please explain to me specifically what a legal disagreement waiver is?
I am selling a townhome with my brother, to my other brother. We both had an attorney working on each side, but my brothers attorney is not moving very hard to help him. He wants to use my attorney, but she wants all of us to then sign a disagreement waiver in case ther are problems. In general I understand what it means, but legally is there anything I need to know? Can she quit the case if any disputes arise? etc...

Thank you for any and all help !

Ken

HomeGuru

kennethhoff said:

Can someone please explain to me specifically what a legal disagreement waiver is?
I am selling a townhome with my brother, to my other brother. We both had an attorney working on each side, but my brothers attorney is not moving very hard to help him. He wants to use my attorney, but she wants all of us to then sign a disagreement waiver in case ther are problems. In general I understand what it means, but legally is there anything I need to know? Can she quit the case if any disputes arise? etc...

Ken
**A: so what did your attorney say it is?

I plead guilty. I did not think of the question until later in the afternoon after talking with her. Since she is out until Monday, I thought I would ask if anyone here may know.

Ken

HomeGuru

kennethhoff said:
I plead guilty. I did not think of the question until later in the afternoon after talking with her. Since she is out until Monday, I thought I would ask if anyone here may know.

Ken
**A: we can all wait until Monday.

HomeGuru

kennethhoff said:

Ken

**A: Ok, wise one, the answer is yes, she can quit the "case".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">