• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discharged from Army/Cancer & Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kpb

My exhusband has been in the Army for 15 years. I recently found out he is being discharged because he has cancer and was also told he doesn't have long to live. He lives in GA & I in NE. I've tried to contact him but his new wife refuses to let me speak with him. What will this do for his child support that has been garnished by the military for the last 2 years? He will receive disability but will child support be garnished from that? I can't afford an attorney to fight what I see to be a long battle in the future.
He has sole custody of 2 children who were born prior to our marriage. Their mother is deceased. One of the boys has runaway and has been gone for 1 year. Will I have to fight for our childs portion of any death, life insurance or other benefits that might be payable to his dependants? Please help!

ALawyer

This is very sad, and my sympathy to your children, but most of the questions involve military and divorce/child support law. I'd suggest you post under the child support board AND call the army to determine your and your kids' rights under federal law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">