• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disclosing Polybutylene Pipe

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Souix

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I just found out that a house I have listed has PB piping by way of the buyer's inspection report. The buyers did not mention anything about the PB in their repair addendum and my PB said that I must have the seller amend her disclosure statement to reference this type of piping, which I plan to have her do. But my question is, it seems like I should be doing more, which was vaguely posted about in my search efforts on this site. Shouldn't I also be preparing an Addendum advising the buyer to hire a plumber to investigate the PB plumbing (no leaks to date in a 1991 triplewide) and indemnifying me and my seller from any future claims? Is there anything else I should do?

HomeGuru

Souix said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon

I just found out that a house I have listed has PB piping by way of the buyer's inspection report. The buyers did not mention anything about the PB in their repair addendum and my PB said that I must have the seller amend her disclosure statement to reference this type of piping, which I plan to have her do.
But my question is, it seems like I should be doing more, which was vaguely posted about in my search efforts on this site. Shouldn't I also be preparing an Addendum advising the buyer to hire a plumber to investigate the PB plumbing (no leaks to date in a 1991 triplewide) and indemnifying me and my seller from any future claims? Is there anything else I should do?
**A: yes, that is exactly what you should do. Even include a website and a short history of the problem in YOUR disclosure to the Buyer's.

And where the heck have you been? We missed you around here.

Souix

HomeGuru said:
**A: yes, that is exactly what you should do. Even include a website and a short history of the problem in YOUR disclosure to the Buyer's.

And where the heck have you been? We missed you around here.

***Really? I'm touched. Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">