• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disclosure of evidence in civil trails.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cwbama10

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama. A.B.C. board hearing bound to follow the rules of a civil non-juring trail. Alabama A.B.C. hearing. The hearing board says that they have to follow Alabama civil non-jury trail rules. Does the prosecutor A.B.C. have to disclose their evidence to the defendants me . I have already been to the first hearing and they found against me. I have asked to their evidence. They have refused. I haven't seen any A.B.C. reports or evidence, not before the hearing and not during the hearing. How am I suppose to be able to defend myself?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama. A.B.C. board hearing bound to follow the rules of a civil non-juring trail. Alabama A.B.C. hearing. The hearing board says that they have to follow Alabama civil non-jury trail rules. Does the prosecutor A.B.C. have to disclose their evidence to the defendants me . I have already been to the first hearing and they found against me. I have asked to their evidence. They have refused. I haven't seen any A.B.C. reports or evidence, not before the hearing and not during the hearing. How am I suppose to be able to defend myself?
A "board hearing?"

A defendant is entitled to see the evidence being used against him in a civil trial.

Here is a link to Alabama's Rules of Civil Procedure: http://judicial.alabama.gov/library/rules_civ_procedure.cfm

See Discovery and Depositions, Rules 26 et seq

Last edited:

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
You may review the evidence that the state plans to use at the hearing but to get it you need to follow the rules for discovery. There is a proper way to make the requests. If you don’t do it right you won’t get what you are looking for. You need to know what to ask for and what kind of discovery technique is best for getting it. If you don’t have a lawyer representing you then I suggest you find one, especially if this is a alcoholic beverage license matter since if you lose the license you may lose a significant part of your business revenue and you stand a better chance to succeed if you have a lawyer than if you go at it alone. Otherwise, look at the discovery rules through the link that Quincy provided in the previous reply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">