• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disclosure of medical equip costs?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Marimbist

I have been having trouble with a medical supply company. Apparently, they are "out of network," which the referring doctor claims his office didn't know. When the company brought the medical equipment out to set up, I asked the representative twice how much it would cost. I got two vague answers, as long the lines of "Well, you have insurance..." and "It depends on your circumstances..." However, in subsequent conversations with said company, one of the representatives asked if the rep quoted me a price and how much the insurance would cover. When I said no, she quickly moved to the next topic. When I asked if they had verified with my insurance before sending someone out, I was told "no referral without authorization" and that is a quote. It appears that the company knew that they were a non-participating company up front which meant my benefits were going to be greatly reduced. Is there some type of mandatory disclosure when it comes to this type of circumstance? Are they obligated to tell me how much the equipment will cost me if I ask? Is there anything I can do now?

ALawyer

Sure, try to get them to take what you got because they were out of network. And if they try to collect more, try to defend on the basis of their misleading statements.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">