• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disclosure problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

redder123

What is the name of your state? IndianaQUOTE]Originally posted by redder123
I am a first time home-owner living in Indiana, I purchased my home through a government program that was also suppose to inspect the home. On the disclosure it states that my roof was 3 years old and that there were no problems with the foundation. Well I had to have my roof repaired and the ceiling plastered after part of it fell. My basement walls are bowed, there is mildew on the walls, and the floor gets wet when it rains. I have lived here for 20 months now and I cant afford to move or to hire a lawyer! I am a low-income single mother. What can I do to make the system work for me???

HomeGuru

redder123 said:
What is the name of your state? IndianaQUOTE]Originally posted by redder123
I am a first time home-owner living in Indiana, I purchased my home

**A: when; in 1899, 1972, 1986????

through a government program that was also suppose to inspect the home.

**A: what type of program ie. HUD, FHA, Farmers Home Loan, VA, FNMA, Freddie Mac.....and what type of inspection ie. home inspection vs. apprasal inspection such as FHA???

On the disclosure it states that my roof was 3 years old and that there were no problems with the foundation. Well I had to have my roof repaired and the ceiling plastered after part of it fell. My basement walls are bowed, there is mildew on the walls, and the floor gets wet when it rains. I have lived here for 20 months now and I cant afford to move or to hire a lawyer! I am a low-income single mother. What can I do to make the system work for me???

**A: why did you not order your own home inspection?
Did you use a real estate agent? Did you have a real estate attorney? When you bought the property, were you a low-income single mother?

R

redder123

undisclosed problems

The home was purchased in December of 2000 through the Neighborhood Housing Partnership. I believe that it was a home inspection that was done and yes I did have a real estate agent. He was also the agent for the seller. No there was not a real estate attorney. Yew I was a single and low-income at the time, and no I did not have the home independently inspected because I was ignorant to the fact that I would need one, I was trusting the real estate agent and Neighborhood Housing Partnership!:eek:

HomeGuru

Re: undisclosed problems

redder123 said:
The home was purchased in December of 2000 through the Neighborhood Housing Partnership. I believe that it was a home inspection that was done and yes I did have a real estate agent. He was also the agent for the seller. No there was not a real estate attorney. Yew I was a single and low-income at the time, and no I did not have the home independently inspected because I was ignorant to the fact that I would need one, I was trusting the real estate agent and Neighborhood Housing Partnership!:eek:

**A: thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">