• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discover Card filing suits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kopes

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MN

I have read in many different forums that Discover will sue for pretty much anything. I owe over 2K so I figure that they probably will. Do they wait to charge it off and the sue, or do they do it sooner. I am going to file BK and want to know what sort of timeline I may have. I just quit paying this month, BTW.

P

Prpledrms23

My experience, I havent paid on my discover card in over four years. The third collection agency threatens to sue, however, I am waiting on my validation letter response from them.

JETX

kopes said:
I just quit paying this month, BTW.
Of course they can sue at any time they want, but will usually spend a few months trying to collect the debt rather than spend the extra cost/time of a suit. However, I have seen where they have 'bundled' new debt with old and filed in 'bulk'. In other words, there is no way to tell how aggressive they might be with your debt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">