• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discrepancy in amount due on lease. Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

icorvidae

The property manager drew up a lease extension of 7 months per my request and the landlord raised the rent. On the lease, the "total rent paid" is less than the monthly breakdown amount due. I pointed out to him there was a mistake on the lease (though not specific to the discrepancy) and his response was to sign it. Which amount am I legally bound to pay?

HRZ

My view as a retired LL is that If there is an ambiguity written by LL or his agent the LL eats it , tenant gets the more favorable view unless it's a clear math mistake like a 7 month lease but a clear monthly rent was multiplied 6 times .

icorvidae

Thank you! He used my current rent amount for the "total rent paid" for the lease, not the increased rate. I really appreciate your input!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">