• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discriminated at job interviews Need INFO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Night

North Carolina....

ok....first let me kinda describe my situation to y'all and hopefully i can find help. ok
As of jan 2003 i quit the local furniture plant which where i live at is the only place to get a decent job without having to work off on construction. any how in their Rule-Book it states that i have to wait 6 months to get hired back if i quit a year if i get fired. well i quit. 6 months later and still i've been trying to get back on in the plant. Now they tell me i'm wasting my time and that He(the hiring and overhead figure) can't hire me unless i get a supervisor to be interested in hireing me again. i had to wait 1 hour and a half while he walks past me hires two on the spot that had just walked in. He let me sit there for 1 and a half hours just to skip me and then have his seceretary to tell me i'm wasting my time here. ok....now keep in mind that i've worked here 2 times and in their Rule-book they hand out to their employees they can hire you up to 3 times no problem after that they won't hire you know more....i'm still waiting for my third time. now seeing as how thery are hiring and they still yet tell me its a waste of my and their time to try and get hired there is that not some form of discrimination? :confused:

Beth3

"is that not some form of discrimination?" No - not even close. Just because they CAN hire you back if they wish to doesn't mean they HAVE to hire you back. They have no obligation whatsoever to provide you with employment just because you've decided you want a job.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

A la Jack-In-The-Box commercial - -

. . . number 78 . . . 78, number 79 . . . 79, number 80 . . . I have number 80! . . .

NUMBER 81!!

IAAL

Night

so even thought they are breaking their own rules and hireing people 5 or 6 times that would not be discrimination then???

Night

oh um sorry about the sig....just one of my fav shirts thought i blocked that off...hmm......

Beth3

"so even thought they are breaking their own rules and hireing people 5 or 6 times that would not be discrimination then???" No. They could hire someone back 100 times and not you and it still wouldn't be discrimination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">