• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

discrimination due to disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

littlebt

I was at a job approx.5 yrs ago i worked there for a year and ended up quiting because after the director of the office passed away and the person under her took over they started treating me awfull. I have JRA but was more then qualified for the job as office assistant had my reviews with passing remarks and also got recommendation letters from people that were in management (They had ended up leaving as well) I found out quite a while after I left there by someone who I became friends with later (who worked in the billing Dept. of the office) that the heads of each dept. of the office as well as the president of the board went to the agencies attourney and had a meeting on how to get rid of me without me being able to cry discrimination. They had no just reason to fire me because i'm a good worker so they were told to make life miserable so i'd quit. this person that told me this still worked there at the time and did not feel she could go to court with me because she feared for her job and i beleave she was right to feel that way and i wouldn't ask her to jepordize her living. could i have persued this without her? and is there a statue of limitations for this type of thing? I live in NH. I would not go back to work them because most of the people still run it but i'd like to teach them a lesson.

A

Attorney_Replogle

Sorry that I do not know what the statute of limitations is in NH. I know in CA it is one year from the date of termination or voluntary quitting. You may want to contact a labor law attorney using this site's attorney listings. Ask one of them.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">