• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discrimination in granting benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Peter Feldman

What is the name of your state? New York
My employer has the policy of refunding fees of professional licenses in New York State but I cannot get it because my supoerior does not approve it although his manager told him to approve it. I feel discriminated becauses other engineers are refunded their fees. Is any legal action that I can take against my employer for not honoring their policies regarding benefits?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Based on the information in your post, no. Nothing in the law says an employer has to apply their policies consistantly. It says only that differences in the application cannot be based on a characteristic protected by law.

Beth3

Is any legal action that I can take against my employer for not honoring their policies regarding benefits? No, but you're free to talk to your boss's manager and tell him or her what your boss is doing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">