• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discrimination to start at a warehouse as a seasonable employee because i am Asian

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

commentator

And my post was merely to affirm. That quickly in the game, to emit a wordy complaint about much of anything, particularly "discrimination" was going to be a job killer for this particular individual, who had not, in my reading, gone on the payroll yet. It would take, in my experience, a long drawn out class action type discrimination claim against the big retailer, and under the circumstances, it would be tough as all get out to show a pervasive pattern of discrimination against Asians based solely on this person's experience. In these days and times, not worth it by any means. Thank heavens this person was not given the opportunity to get in there, maybe catch COVID, work their fingers to the bone, damage their back, and then released.

quincy

And my post was merely to affirm. That quickly in the game, to emit a wordy complaint about much of anything, particularly "discrimination" was going to be a job killer for this particular individual, who had not, in my reading, gone on the payroll yet. It would take, in my experience, a long drawn out class action type discrimination claim against the big retailer, and under the circumstances, it would be tough as all get out to show a pervasive pattern of discrimination against Asians based solely on this person's experience. In these days and times, not worth it by any means. Thank heavens this person was not given the opportunity to get in there, maybe catch COVID, work their fingers to the bone, damage their back, and then released.
I agree with all that.

Claiming a company has engaged in illegal discrimination is serious stuff. It should never be the first thought a prospective employee has when they are not hired nor the first thought an employee has when they are fired.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">