• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



A management company was hired to to operate the business 1 1/2 years ago. When they first took over I ask what the pay rate was for everyone in my position. I was told everyone received the same rate.
During the 1 1/2 year as employees began to leave the company I heard that I was the only one receiving a lower rate and i should go and ask. I would ask again and I would be told by management personal that no everybody gets the same rate.
I finally found out for sure that I was infact not receiving the same rate for the same position as everyone else and i requested that my pay rate be adjusted immediately and that it be retroactive back a year and a half.
3 weeks after my request was filed i was terminated.(without any adjustment).
I have been the longest standing employee at 11+years, with a impecable work record.
During the past 1 1/2 year there has been several comments from the management personel directed towards me concerning my age(i'm only 42), "to old for the job",been there to long, comments made about my male gender, request to meet after work, etc....
They did replace me with a younger female.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated.....



Sounds like you may have been terminated due to your age. You are in the protected age category (40 years and older). Also, they may have terminated you due to your gender (a male). Employers can certainly have different pay rates for employees with the same title and position. However, their continued lying to you about it may also be an indication that they defrauded you over the years. And when you asked for a pay adjustment, they terminated you. So, I suggest that you speak with an employment law attorney near you. You can find one at attorneypages

Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential