• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?

I worked for a small business during the tax seasons of 2003 and 2004. In 2004 I received a better paying job so I resigned from the small business in April. This year I received a 1099-misc form with an amount in box 7 for non-employee compensation. All of his employees were paid by company checks (not computer generated) and no taxes were taken out. I was the only one to receive the form. Have I been discriminated against? If so, what actions can I take?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential