• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ashgr

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
I am not sure what to do about this or even if it is discrimination. I went for this job interview and the guy gave me the uniform and the day i start training. I was so excited and then he told me that we had to go talk to his wife. She said that i could not have the job because I have seizures. I just found out that i have a chemical imbalance in my brain which cause me to have seizures. I been on medicine and i been seizure free for 4 months. My doctor told me I should tell employers that i have seizures and I told them that the day if filled out the applications and a week later they called me for the interview so they knew before hand. I am not sure if this is an act of discrimination. Should i just leave it alone??

seniorjudge

What kind of job was it?

Would the seizures interefere with you doing your job?

Can you take medicine to prevent the seizures?

ashgr

wisconsin
It was a gas station job and they are usually petite or grand mals and yes the medicine i am on control the seizures i never felt better! I did tell the employer that too.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This may be a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act. You can file a complaint with the EEOC.

ashgr

I am new at this and i am not really sure how i would be able to get a hold of the EEOC. Is this the action you would take?? I just want to make the right choice!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, if I were in your situation that is the action I would take. This web site will tell you more and will explain how to go about filing a complaint:

www.eeoc.gov

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">