• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tfncatfish

I have been on short-term disability for 4 months now. my question is, my company refuses to let me come back to work on my 30lb weight restriction. they do have a hoist that i can use to lift items. Right now a non-disabled person is using the hoist daily. i have asked to use the hoist when it is neeed. the main part of my job is not lifting heavy objects all the time, so i will not be using the hoist every day. I have just found out that I will be in the hospital for 4 days, then off work for 6 months. my company has informed me after 26 weeks of long-term diability my job will be terminated.I live in indiana. My questions are; is the hoist a reasonable acommindation or not? can they legaly terminate my job?

[Edited by tfncatfish on 12-01-2000 at 02:08 PM]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Not sure, but I would imagine a non-disabled person using it means it is readily available. Perhaps getting a lawyer to check into the specifics of your case in conjunction with the Americans with Disabilities Act might prove of some benefit.

Try attorneypages.com or call your state bar and ask for lawyer referral.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">