• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dismissed ch 7 orders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joseph gately

What is the name of your state? CA

I had a court dismissed ch 7 case that had various orders made while it as active. I eventually filed a ch 13 several months later which has since been discharged, mind you, I did not convert. As far as any orders go from the ch 7, are any still in force and effect? Or did they die with the dismissal of the 7? Some pertain to me and some pertain to creditors.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? CA

I had a court dismissed ch 7 case that had various orders made while it as active. I eventually filed a ch 13 several months later which has since been discharged, mind you, I did not convert. As far as any orders go from the ch 7, are any still in force and effect? Or did they die with the dismissal of the 7? Some pertain to me and some pertain to creditors.
They would have died with the dismissal.

Before a proper answer can be formulated we would need to know exactly what the Orders you wish to have held void actually state. 11 U.S.C. 349 controls the impact of the dismissal of a case but even that section's very first words are "unless the court, for cause, orders otherwise. . ."

So, without full disclosure of the language in each Order your question cannot be answered.

Des.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">