• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dismissed Juvenile Record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EddieEllip

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

I'd like to start out by thanking anyone who takes the time to read this, and even more anyone who takes the time to respond. My name is Eddie, and I was one of the many children who got involved in the huge 1999 Columbine arrest victims. I was 12 years old at the time, in the 7th grade when Columbine happened, and as with every school in America at the time, my school was being extra cautious. In many of the classrooms, the teachers would ask people to make sure to tell someone if they had ever heard anyone say that they might cause an act of violence.

A few kids who picked on me and disliked me, some what people may call the "Teachers Pets", including one who was related to the teacher they told, decided to tell them that they heard me say I was going to "Shoot up my 4th period class."

Myself and two other students in the 7th grade were pulled out of classes for similar incidents and talked to and the such. I however, despite denying that I had ever said such a thing, was chosen as the school scape goat, and arrested the next day. Honestly, I'm not even sure who pressed charges, I'm almost dumbfounded by the entire turn of events. Three out of five of my teachers all wrote letters of recommendation saying that they never would beleive I would do such a thing, even the principal of the school wrote a letter stating that I was never a problem child. I don't know if the school ordered my arrest, of if the county did, but either way, I was put in jail over night, and forced into court the next morning to debate whether I was going home with my parents under house arrest, or if I would be brought to the state juvenile facilities until my actual court date.

Well, I had gotten sent home under house arrest. Now note, this wasn't usual house arrest, no anklet, no officer I had to see, no therapy or anything of the sort was required, just wait until they gave us a court date. Well they never did, and I think it's because something went wrong with the way they arrested me, they knew that it was done wrong. They ended up sending me a letter, below I will type it out word for word, anything that is italizied was hand written by the man who sent it.

------------------Start

County of County
State of South Carolina
IN RE: Eddie
Complaint or Petition No. None

On 8-10-99 (Crime Date 4-22-99) a conference was conducted on this matter. Present at the conference were: Eddie and parents

The above-named juvenile voluntarily agrees, promises, and pledges to do the following by the specified date of 11-20-99

Complete an in-depth report on "School Violence."

Based on the agreement, promise and pledge of the undersigned upon the signing of this agreement by the above-named juvenile, the complaint and/or petition is dismissed upon completion of the voluntary program. The juvenile hereby waives right to speedy trial for the duration of this agreement. The Solicitor may resume prosecution of the accused if the juvenile violates the terms of this agreement.

------------------End

Interestingly enough, this was never signed by either myself or my parents, or even the solicitor, just by the Intake Counselor. I don't even remember going in to talk to anyone.

So now here I am, 10 years later, and no one in all of the county can find any records, except for my friends mother who is forensics, was able to pull up something on her CSI search. They've told me I'd have to call state records, but I can't even find that number.

Issue is, I want to join the Air Force, and I know that if CSI can find the record, the FBI can as well, and honestly, the entire charge was a load of crap, pardon my language. I've never done anything in my life that warranted an arrest or warranted me not being eligible to serve and protect my country, and this is a big stain on my record that does not belong. To top it off, no one locally can even find it, much less give me any idea on what to do to find it... Which is why I'm here, what can I do? Does anyone have any information about what I can do to get past all this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">