• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dismmissed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

delgirl1979

Last year i was a victim of aggravated harrasment by a work collegues partner after a court hearing this person was found goily and was givin a restraining order. I still had to work with the defendants partner day today and found this to be strssful intimidating and hard to cope with, thjerefore i requested a mediation session to be arranged between myself and this collegue to clear the air so as to get on with our work without there being any animosoty in the workplace. This was arranged and all went ok. Working on a busy industrial shop floor it was common knowledge of what had gone on between myself and this collegue and i felt i was being mocked by other members of staff, on Monday it all came to head and myself and the collegue had an altercation which has resulted in myself being dissmised for alleged gross misconduct as they said it was re\asonable to beliee i physically assaulted the collegue in question. Please can you assist me on where to go from here.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Last year i was a victim of aggravated harrasment by a work collegues partner after a court hearing this person was found goily and was givin a restraining order. I still had to work with the defendants partner day today and found this to be strssful intimidating and hard to cope with, thjerefore i requested a mediation session to be arranged between myself and this collegue to clear the air so as to get on with our work without there being any animosoty in the workplace. This was arranged and all went ok. Working on a busy industrial shop floor it was common knowledge of what had gone on between myself and this collegue and i felt i was being mocked by other members of staff, on Monday it all came to head and myself and the collegue had an altercation which has resulted in myself being dissmised for alleged gross misconduct as they said it was re\asonable to beliee i physically assaulted the collegue in question. Please can you assist me on where to go from here.
Apply for unemployment compensation and look for another job. Without details no one can determine if you actually physically assaulted the colleague or not.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unfortunately there is no law you can invoke that will force the employer to rehire you.

Proserpina

You were the victim of the colleague's partner, yet afterwards you ended up going at it with the colleague....after being mocked by people OTHER than the colleague?

It just looks a little ... off... from where I'm sitting.

And I'd have fired you, too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">