• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disney Vacation Part 2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JakeTheDad

What is the name of your state? PA
Hi All,
I'm new here and I noticed the thread that I started is closed, but I just wanted to clairify a few things.
- I obtained an emergency order for my daughters bday party b/c I scheduled the party on MY weekend & when that weekend visit approached, my son was no where to be found, I went to pick him up on Thursday evening and no one was home. No answer on phone, no cell answer. The next day, Friday, I got a letter IN THE MAIL from Ex! She said they went out of town to visit friends on a short notice. SO, YES, my atty & I felt an emergency order was necessary. (Yes, ex knew of the party, and knew it was planned on my weekend)

-In the past, Ex has denied me visitation on Easter, Christmas, his birthday. Last month, She told our parent coordinator, in writing, that I should not see son on Christmas b/c "Christmas is HER special time" *WHAT?!* So,yes, I know how she will react to this trip to Disney. At age 5, she tried to prevent me from taking son on overnight visits b/c he is afraid of the dark.?! What does that even mean? :confused:

-My wife does not interfere, nor does she try "to piss off that B*%#!" as one reader said. Your attacks are not neccessary. Would it be better if my wife wanted nothing to do with my son? Just b/c I am no longer with ex, does not mean, as a father, I should not try to give both my kids a good life. They enjoy spending time with each other, and I want them to have great memories when they are older. I am not in this to be the winner, there is no winner in custody, visitation,etc...It's just doing what is best for the kids.

-I am working with my attorney to clarify & specify the "additional time" allowed on my court order. I am not looking to upset ex by a surprise vacation, just would like to exercise my right to see my son when the opportunity comes up.
We will see what the judge decides, THANKS FOR ALL YOUR ADVISE! :)What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">