• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disordely conduct's night mare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harry_sai

I was pleaded guilty of convicted of disorderly conduct PENEL CODE 240.20 in May 2006 in NEW YORK. The actual arraignment charges applied were 155.25.165.40. (That was for larceny from one of the store) for Which I was completely innocent and I refused to accept it during the first trial in the court, I was asked / insisted by public attorney to accept it, since he told me that It would be considered similar to a traffic violation. so during the second trial I accepted those without knowing the consequences. I was pleaded guilty of disorderly conduct. I performed community service for 6 days and my case was closed on 5-26-2007 (expunged and sealed) That is on my disposition certificate.

I faced very tough situation when I visited my home country and returned to USA. I was almost deported, I was taken in to custody at the airport based on this charges / arrest. Finally, DRO (Department of removal ) released me stating that it was a mistake from custom and boarder control police of USA who misinterpreted the disposition order of the court. I went to through this traumatic experience because of my previous conviction.

Now, I have been pursuing my undergraduate degree in Accounting from University of Maryland. I am worried about what will happen when I apply for jobs? Will these history will come up when someone does criminal background check? Should I change my major ? from accounting to some other branch?

I am under a lot of tension. Could you please respond to this ?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

BL

If anything it will come up as disorderly , conviction(s) .

I don't believe it will effect you much at all .

BTW . What is the name of your State ? ( US Law Only )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">