• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disorderly Conduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

austinbrooks

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I was charged at a college football game for disorderly conduct after I threw a frisbee onto the feild (over 100 people did, they were given out to students). Yeah they won't be handing those out again.

My question is: Should I take the plea bargain and plea guilty? I don't want this on my record, even though I could most likely get it expunged in the future. What are my chances of the judge dropping the charges if I choose to decline the plea?

I am just looking for some advice on what to do. I doubt the arresting officer would provide any physical evidence (video recording) of me throwing it.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I was charged at a college football game for disorderly conduct after I threw a frisbee onto the feild (over 100 people did, they were given out to students). Yeah they won't be handing those out again.

My question is: Should I take the plea bargain and plea guilty? I don't want this on my record, even though I could most likely get it expunged in the future. What are my chances of the judge dropping the charges if I choose to decline the plea?

I am just looking for some advice on what to do. I doubt the arresting officer would provide any physical evidence (video recording) of me throwing it.
What offense (the number) is cited on the ticket? It can matter if it is a city or campus "disorderly conduct" ordinance as opposed to the state disorderly conduct law under which you were ticketed.

quincy

I was arrested by campus police
Okay. Was it a campus ordinance under which you were ticketed or the state disorderly conduct law? What is the number of the offense listed on your ticket?

What I am trying to determine is whether you were charged with a misdemeanor or ticketed for a minor violation of an ordinance that can be taken care of by paying a small fine.

You have already been to court?

I agree with you that giving out Frisbees to football game attendees was definitely a mistake. The school should have known that these would be thrown during the game.

quincy

I am not sure, but I am going to try and pick up the police report tomorrow. Thank you for the reply, by the way
The police report will help. :)

If you are being charged with a misdemeanor, you would be smart to have an attorney. A misdemeanor conviction can wreak havoc on your future plans (affecting school aid, school enrollment, employment opportunities, travel, loan and insurance rates ...). An attorney can work with the prosecutor to get you into a diversion program so that a misdemeanor will not become part of your criminal history, or perhaps the attorney can get the charge dismissed entirely (if on nothing else than a technicality).

Thank you for the thanks.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">