• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disparaging the other Parent...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Swany

What is the name of your state? CA...ex in Texas.

My 2 children visit their father 3 times a year when he follows through with the arrangements. He is $15,000 in arears in support and filed Chapter 13 claiming this support.....last update is that the Chapter 13 has been dismissed due to him not filing tax statements for 4 years.

After my children arrived in TX Dec. 18th, I didn't hear from them for 7 days - prompting my emails and calling all phones to speak to them. After learning that all phones had been disconnected, I called the police and had them do a welfare check on my children. (This is based on the ex's irratic behaviour and desperate attitude he's displayed.) They visited his home and verified that my children were fine. But that they couldn't call me because dad doesn't have $ to have a phone. The next day his cell phone was miraculously working - and I finally spoke to my children. I received several hateful phones calls from him sounding vengeful etc......moving forward to today. Last night I found out that after this visit from the police in TX, my children told me things that their father told them about my family and others. Some things true and some things not true, but all in the view of getting back at me...through his girls. Simply sick. My girls are devestated by the news he's shared with them, that they should have never been told my him. He did it in spite of what I did....checking up on my children. I am still reeling in the pain that my children are experiencing....and needing advice as to what others have done in this view. I know I've done my best to be truthful in the all that the ex has shared with them, but the aftermath with my children is awful.

In my decree it states this: (due to other awful remarks made by him in the past...) "Neither party shall disparage the other, nor shall they allow any third party to disparage the other parent when the children are present or within earshot of the remarks."

If I add this Contempt to my current Contempt that he'll be receiving within the week (support contempt), I know this will not solve a thing...any words of wisdome appreciated.....

VeronicaGia

You really answered your own question.

Your court order states:

"Neither party shall disparage the other, nor shall they allow any third party to disparage the other parent when the children are present or within earshot of the remarks."

Your post says this:

"my children told me things that their father told them about my family and others."

He's not talking about you but "your family and others." In the literal sense, he has not violated the court order.

Swany

Hi Veronica, thank you for your answer....Obviously I didn't word that part exactly correct. When I say family this includes, me, my parents, and my sister. I am included in the whole family description. The words he used were not only untrue, but given in a demeaning tone with added details that were not even true - all including myself in each. In addition to that, he constantly remarks to his girls about how mom is out to get him, how mom wants to piss him off, how mom just needs to go to church and get her sins forgiven.....mocking my Christianity....all in front of his children.....Maybe this makes more sense now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">