• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dispute over title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ally34

What is the name of your state? MT
A piece of land I'm interested in buying was land donated as a park for "use of the public, now and forever" by the subdivision of which it is a part, as is required for subdivisions to do when they are created. The county then sold it, some twenty-odd years later, to a private individual through a quitclaim deed, and the homeowners' association is now claiming that the county sold it wrongfully, because there is no record of the homeowners in the subdivision giving their approval of the sale. It has been owned uncontested by this individual for over ten years. Do the homeowners, some of whom did not even live there until years after this transaction, have a legitimate claim on land donated for use of the public forever? There is no specific mention of this "park" in their covenants. I think they might want to get the county to reimburse the man I'm trying to buy from and give it back to the subdivision so that they can profit from selling it on their own. They have said they have no interest in actually using it as a park.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

ally34 said:
What is the name of your state? MT
A piece of land I'm interested in buying was land donated as a park for "use of the public, now and forever" by the subdivision of which it is a part, as is required for subdivisions to do when they are created. The county then sold it, some twenty-odd years later, to a private individual through a quitclaim deed, and the homeowners' association is now claiming that the county sold it wrongfully, because there is no record of the homeowners in the subdivision giving their approval of the sale. It has been owned uncontested by this individual for over ten years. Do the homeowners, some of whom did not even live there until years after this transaction, have a legitimate claim on land donated for use of the public forever? There is no specific mention of this "park" in their covenants. I think they might want to get the county to reimburse the man I'm trying to buy from and give it back to the subdivision so that they can profit from selling it on their own. They have said they have no interest in actually using it as a park.
**A: hard to say as this is a specfic question that would require numerous hours of reserach and review of the existing title and transactional documents. Not something that can be done via this website.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">