• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disputing credit report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

slowlybutsurely

What is the name of your state? AZ
I just ordered 3 in 1 credit report. Looking over it, I don't recognize some of the accounts, or they have the same accounts listed numerously, some with an account number, some without. For example, Well Fargo has me listed 3 times for what looks like the same account (regardless that I don't even remember using them as a source of finance) Some accounts are listed as open, but they are not.

I filed bk in 1997, but had it dismissed (chickened out). My credit is finally looking decent, but I want it to look even better. How do I dispute these types of things. I went to file again in 1998, gave ALL of my information to my attorney, he said he mailed it back to me after he didn't hear anything from me, now all is lost.

Any advice???

Ladynred

I would head on over to www.creditnet.com, they have some great sample letters you can use to duke it out with the CRA's and they are very helpful with this sort of thing in the discussions area. You have to register, but its free !

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">