• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disreguard for stop sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

big25dec

What is the name of your state? GA

I came to a 4 way stop with a black truck in front of me and a vehicle travelling towards me. I stopped for the truck in front to turn right, then come to stop sign and stop for on coming car to come thru intersection.
Once opposite car committed I started thru intersection. Traveled 300 yds.
to a dead end stop sign. Stopped turned right went 100 yds. when officer pulled me over. When he came up and looked in my rear sent and checked to see my kids buckled up he proceeded to me. He aid he pulled me over for failure to come to a complete stop at 4 way stop. I nicely said sir I had to stop for the other two cars, I did stop. He said no sir you did not come to a complete stop.

He handed me citation I signed and left. After I got home he described my expedition with wrong color. Officer said it was white and it is gold.

My question is can an officer sit in a parking lot in the dark watching an intersection with no lights on IE "parking lights"?

Any advice is appreciated.

S

seniorjudge

big25dec said:
What is the name of your state? GA

I came to a 4 way stop with a black truck in front of me and a vehicle travelling towards me. I stopped for the truck in front to turn right, then come to stop sign and stop for on coming car to come thru intersection.
Once opposite car committed I started thru intersection. Traveled 300 yds.
to a dead end stop sign. Stopped turned right went 100 yds. when officer pulled me over. When he came up and looked in my rear sent and checked to see my kids buckled up he proceeded to me. He aid he pulled me over for failure to come to a complete stop at 4 way stop. I nicely said sir I had to stop for the other two cars, I did stop. He said no sir you did not come to a complete stop.

He handed me citation I signed and left. After I got home he described my expedition with wrong color. Officer said it was white and it is gold.

My question is can an officer sit in a parking lot in the dark watching an intersection with no lights on IE "parking lights"?

Any advice is appreciated.

Q: My question is can an officer sit in a parking lot in the dark watching an intersection with no lights on IE "parking lights"?

A: Yes.

big25dec

I have asked even other officers and have been told this could be entrapment. That an officer can not be parked in the dark with parking lights off. If there is a new regulation that says he can what is the reference?

Happy Trails

big25dec said:
I have asked even other officers and have been told this could be entrapment. That an officer can not be parked in the dark with parking lights off. If there is a new regulation that says he can what is the reference?
Go look up the word "entrapment", then come back and tell us how the officer is guilty of that.

S

seniorjudge

big25dec said:
Not even in the same universe as entrapment.

Definitions of entrapment on the Web:

* The act of officers or agents of a government in inducing a person to commit a crime not contemplated by him, for the purpose of instituting a criminal prosecution against him.
ilawyer.com/library/glossary.jsp

* The act of inducing a person to commit a crime so that a criminal charge will be brought against him.
www.formfolks.com/legal_dictionary/E.htm

* The inducement, by law enforcement officers or their agents, of another person to commit a crime for the purposes of bringing charges for the commission of that artificially-provoked crime. This technique, because it involves abetting the commission of a crime, which is itself a crime, is severely curtailed under the constitutional law of many states.
www.duhaime.org/dictionary/dict-e.aspx

* A defense to criminal charges alleging that agents of the government induced a person to commit a crime he or she otherwise would not have committed.
courts.state.de.us/How%20To/court%20proceedings/

* A disorder of a peripheral nerve characterized by pain and/or loss of function of the nerves as a result of chronic compression. (From Nerve Entrapments Syndromes) The most common form of entrapment is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS). See PNE.
www.tipna.org/info/glossary/GlossaryMain.htm

* A situation where a kayak or kayaker gets pinned.
www.outdoorplay.com/headlines/help_glossary.html

* This usually occurs when the paddlers’ boat has been pinned against an obstacle. The paddler can then be trapped in the boat by the force of the water or due to the boat collapsing.
www.canoeingdownunder.com.au/glossary.htm

* The damaging admission and trapping of air, flux, and fumes ; It is caused by contamination and plating.
www.pcbuk.com/pcb-e.asp

* a defense that claims the defendant would not have broken the law if not tricked into doing it by law enforcement officials
www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn

* In jurisprudence, entrapment is a procedural defense by which a defendant may argue that they should not be held criminally liable for actions which broke the law, because they were induced (or entrapped) by the police to commit said acts. For the defense to be successful, the defendant must demonstrate that the police induced an otherwise unwilling person to commit a crime. However, when a person is predisposed to commit a crime, offering opportunities to commit the crime is not entrapment, s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrapment

* Entrapment (1999), directed by Jon Amiel, is a film starring Sean Connery and Catherine Zeta-Jones. It was greatly criticised by several critics, with one complaining that the movie was "dedicated to one woman's ass" due to a close-up of Zeta-Jones' posterior being prominent in the trailers for the film). Complaints also arose from Malaysia, with some claiming that the movie depicted Malaysia as a backwards country, and was factually inaccurate. Supporters of the film saw it as no more than a li
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrapment_(movie)

big25dec

Ga.

I see you guys want to play English dictionary.
I know for a fact it is illegal in this state to park in the dark without your running lights on. The only department allowed to do this is a State Trooper, and a city police officer is not a trooper. If anyone can show me otherwise I would be humbled.

Besides as you read previously, I stopped not once but twice. So why did he write it up as if I blew right through the stop sign?

S

seniorjudge

big25dec said:
...I know for a fact it is illegal in this state to park in the dark without your running lights on....
I don't believe that. Give me the statute number on that law.

But, assume for a moment you are correct on that law.

It is totally irrelevant to your question.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
This thread is from 2005, FlyingRon. It was for some reason pulled from the archives. It is a good bet that all has been resolved by now. :)
I reported the spam that hit the boards early in the morning that reactivated this thread and some others.

quincy

I reported the spam that hit the boards early in the morning that reactivated this thread and some others.
I figured someone had reported spam. It seems FlyingRon missed Blue’s 2005 thread message.

If you want to prevent people from adding to a spam revived thread, you can report the spam, add a post yourself, and then delete your added post. It sends the thread back to the archives.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
If you want to prevent people from adding to a spam revived thread, you can report the spam, add a post yourself, and then delete your added post. It sends the thread back to the archives.
Thanks for the tip! I didn't know that trick. Learned something new today. :D

Just Blue

I figured someone had reported spam. It seems FlyingRon missed Blue’s 2005 thread message.

Does this happen automatically or is it admin sending it back to archive?

quincy

Does this happen automatically or is it admin sending it back to archive?
Automatically.

The moderator still receives notice of the reported post but the thread is sent back to the archives so others can’t mistakenly add to it in the meantime.

If the moderator believes the (spam/whatever) post was reported for no good reason, s/he can revive the thread at that time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">