• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

distressed mother of three

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lisamar

stressed mother of three

What is the name of your state? Arizona
i was covered on my employers health insurance for about 3 months and
someone from my human resources department canceled my insurance. i was not notified by the employer or insurance co. i continued to pay for the insurance for 9 months before i found out that my childrens' medical bills were not being paid. i tried to go through both my employer and insurance to pay the bills or reimburse me for the money that i had paid. my employer told me that the problem was taken care of and the bills would be paid. so after signing up for the insurance again for the next coming fiscal year the bills were still not being paid and showed up canceled. the insurance co. couldn't do anything about it because it was the employer that had made the mistake. they offered to reimburse me but i'd have to go through the employer. i did and they refused to do so. i was working with the person from HR who had made the mistake to begin with. when she couldn't get it taken care of i tried to go above her to her boss. every time i called or went to human resources office to talk with the supervisor they would immediately get the woman that i had been going through. i had made it clear that i didn't want to talk with her about the matter anymore. the last time i had attempted to call the supervisor to get an appointment, the secretary got the woman instead of the supervisor, she then told me that my insurance is as it stands and there wasn't anything i could do about it. i then wanted to cancel my insurance because the payments were going up and i wasn't able to afford them with another child on the way and day care costs. i also didn't want the same thing to happen to me agian. they said i couldn't cancel unless it was a life or death situation. i want to know if i am entitled to my money back for their mistake which i have to pay for. i have since quit my job because it wasn't worth me working there and having money taken out of my paychecks for a service i wasn't receiving. is there anything i can do.i would very much appreciate advice and opinions. thanks for your time.

Last edited:

ALawyer

The story is too confusing to comment on, except if the fault was the former employer's, youm may want to contact the state employment department or sue the employer for the damages you suffered by its unauthorized actions. However, unless you can more articulately explain the situation yourself, if enough money is involved, get a pro to help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">