• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Distributing Flyers at a Public Event

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ErinGoBragh

What is the name of your state? NY (city of Albany)

I'm not sure what the appropriate forum to put this in is so I'm sticking it here.

I just called a festival to rent a booth so a group I'm with could distribute flyers for an upcoming protest. The festival was booked up, so the planner told us we could probably distribute flyers as long as we made it clear that we weren't associated with the festival, and weren't disruptive.

However, the group I'm with is trying to do things as legally as humanly possible, and I don't want to just take the word of someone working the phones. I looked for laws but was unable to find anything relevant.

Is anyone aware of the legality of distributing flyers in a public park at a festival?

As always, thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">