• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disturbing the Peace -- apartment unit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Reney88

I've been in my apt for 10 years and never a single noise or anything complaint. The tenants downstairs moved in approx a year ago. They were moved from an upstairs unit to the one theyre in now, downstairs from me. They were obviously mad as all get out about their ultimatum. They hated me before the first time they unlocked their door. It's been nonstop crap and harassment from them, as i said from the word go. In September i got a disturbing the peace citation. It was six in the morning, a school morning also. There was NOTHING loud in my apartment, just the usual from THEM. My kid was still asleep i was actually in bed but awake. They weren't there for court. Now they've done it AGAIN. On christmas day. I didn't see my family or anyone for christmas. They make visiting with loved ones pretty unpleasant. And they've played a huge role in making me very upset and worried about what they're gonna do next i know by now they're unpredictable. The first citation was DISMISSED. They were no show. I did have an attorney though.I didn't have to do this but for my own peace I made a choice to move to a different UPSTAIRS unit, mainly cuz I need to avoid problems like these. I'm legally disabled and om lung disease but i'm still working and i'm trying out some online classes this semester -i thought perhaps that'd be more convenient. It might've been if i didn't have this other stuff to deal with. Ive been so anxious about moving but unfortunately now i'm having to wait even longer because of this unexpected expense... AGAIN. My monthly income is... under poverty level to be honest, but no biggie i don't need a lot. What i DO NEED is some peace and security and safety. I guess i don't quite understand all this, i'm a simple person maybe that's why i can't make sense of this. I don't even have a stereo or anything that loud, my dishwasher and washing machine seem maybe kinda loud but they're still not all that bad. I mean i hear them downstairs with screaming babies and so i wonder, maybe the mom just very stressed out so i try really hard to be unnoticed and understanding, babies hollering and crying and such doesn't bother me a bunch i always feel like, maybe she needs help or smthn though, idk. My kids are adults, i remember it was tough tho.The bf is home all day too, they're a lot younger. Their PTSD is from the election of 2016 (whatever that means) and mines from Sept 2001, my disability is from lung disease i use oxygen. I try to consider that I know how it feels but then when I hear like a lil while ago they want to 'citizen-arrest' me.... just makes me worried really. I guess it doesn't matter why, they showed me they can and will make up things that aren't factual.Isn't there SOMETHING I can do to protect myself? My kids? I'm worried with my lung problem. Can I get my O2 if i'm in jail? If i have to be in there without my machine I could really die. They would be glad I dunno know why tho. Idk what to do so if anyone has any ideas or advice or anything please let me know. Q: it's there- anything i can do to protect myself? Other than moving which i'm trying to do. How many times can they cite me?
Hard to believe, all THIS cuz they don't want to live downstairs? Smh. They shldve moved to a completely different apartment!!! Instead though they're practically terrorizing us. Fingers crossed!
Thanks for any advice. : )

(Sorry for any errors,feeling rushed)

LdiJ

Reney88, I believe that no matter what state you are in, that it is safe to say that you are not going to go to jail for noise citations (particularly ones that end up being dismissed) so I do not think that you need to worry about not getting your oxygen.

quincy

Reney88, I believe that no matter what state you are in, that it is safe to say that you are not going to go to jail for noise citations (particularly ones that end up being dismissed) so I do not think that you need to worry about not getting your oxygen.
Reney should not be deprived of necessary oxygen if jailed anyway - although what is done in some jails has surprised and disturbed me in the past.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">