• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Division of the Estate....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blissfully

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Upstate NY But legal action and estate is in Indiana.

In my previous posts my brother in law passed away and the 2 relatives to inherited, are his sister and brother. But the one brother (my husband) has passed away, so they said my son, and his half sisters will inherit what their father should/ would have.

The sister petitioned the court to be in charge of the estate being she is in the same state. She is stating that the truck and house needs to be sold.... she had some appraiser say the combined properties are valued at 6,000. She is also saying..."At this point, I believe, ½ of the estate after expenses goes to me and the other half will be split eight ways among the brothers
children."

The property is located in Fort Wayne IN, in town.... cant believe the property is that cheap, It did have some fire damage but was being repaired. Even a vacant lot would be worth more with septic, water, electric.

My question is... Will the lawyer have to provide a list of everything and the value. Does the estate get divided up the way she says?

Thank you in advance..

Blissfully

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">