• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce-90 days, or until signed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Just lost

What is the name of your state? PA
I've been researching, but still not 100% sure. No-fault divorce, the 90 day "cooling off period", after the 90 days does the lawyer send out papers to be signed by both spouses, and after signing then go to judge, then final. What if one spouse does not sign, how long of a wait is it until the divorce is finalized?
Also, husband and I have a personal signed agreement that he will pay me back for divorce costs. What can I do if he does not pay me? (I forget what the place is called) it is where you can go on your own, for example if landlord doesn't give your security deposit back in 30 days. My thought was to go there and file a complaint against him for not abiding by our contract.
Not sure!
just lost



1. If one party does not consent to the divorce, a unilateral no-fault divorce based on the separation of the parties can be obtained where there is irretrievable breakdown and the parties have lived separate and apart for two years. This is provided for in Section 3301 (d) of the Divorce Code. Parties can be separated for purposes of this type of divorce even though they reside in the same house. Separate and apart is defined in the Divorce Code as "complete cessation of any and all cohabitation, whether living in the same residence or not."

2. Magisterial District Court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential