• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce advice needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hiddenlake

Hello,

I need to file for divorce from my wife pro se. We were married for 2 years, no kids, no mutual property or debt. Nothing to divide or fight over. We were married in NJ but resided in Northampton County in PA, which I then left and moved back to NJ. Nothing was filed or signed by me and I wasn't served with anything. Question is where do I file the divorce papers in NJ or PA? Can I go on the counties' website and download a form, fill it out and file with the court or is the process more complicated? Really dont see a need for a lawyer if I can do it myself, and I am pretty savvy in research. Thank you all for your input and advice on this unfortunate situation :-(

Please help

Justin

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">