• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce and immigration status

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My Girlfriend, who is an immigrant, was sponsored by her husband. They are now apart, due to the way he had treated her. At first, she fell out of love with him, and just wanted to get away. When he found out that we were seeing each other, he took away her car keys, forced her to quit her job, and wouldn't let her leave the house. The only way she left was because I had to pick her up in the middle of the night when noone but her was home for a few minutes.
She wants to stay in country, but needs to find another way of doing it.. Is there any other way she can besides being sponsored by him?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential