• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I live in northeast Louisiana. I married a man who I have since found out was not ever
divorced from his first wife. The only proof I have is what his mother says.
I payed for a divorce after we separated.
It has never been finalized.
I do not want the divorce finalization
to appear in the daily paper for personal reasons.
Is it a law that it can be listed?
Can I request that it not be?
Should I file for an annulment instead?
I want to get married to someone else at this
time, but do not want to commit bigamy. I didn't
find out he had never divorced until after I had
paid a lawyer to file for divorce. All that is left
to the process is to go back to court and agree we
haven't reconciled.
We had four children together before we ever
married. He was court ordered to pay child
support for the children. If I can and do file for annulment, will he go to jail and therefore be
unable to pay child support?



Chennie it sounds like you got a little mess here but dont worry it can be fixed you can file a MOTION FOR CIVIL CONTEMPT/EMFORCEMENT in this motion you can request that the court compell him to comply, request a list of all his personal property, request that he show up for court or be found in contempt, request that he have to find a job, request that he make his payments through a central govenmental depository, request that he pay back cild support, and even requst that he be put in jail, there are several thing you can ask for in this MOTION so read it throughif you have any other questions yahoo messange is: outtacontrol3 yahoo address is: [email protected] good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential