• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce/Custody question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WilloJR

I love in Noblesville, Indiana, which is in Hamilton County.

I have a divorce on file . . . our initial divorce hearing is not until October.

My future ex and I had an agreement that we would each have custody of our daughter every other week, with Friday evening being the exchange day.

This is supposed to be my week with our daughter. However, my future ex went and picked her up from daycare, and is now saying that she will be keeping her until the court date, when the judge can decide how to arrange custody.

All of my research indicates that, since we do not have a legal separation in place, and haven't been legally declared divorced yet, I should be entitled to 50% of the time with my daughter . . . however, the local law enforcement is telling me that there is really nothing they can do at the moment.

I need advice . . . I just want the 50% of time with my daughter that I was supposed to get, that's all.

Any thoughts?

LdiJ

I love in Noblesville, Indiana, which is in Hamilton County.

I have a divorce on file . . . our initial divorce hearing is not until October.

My future ex and I had an agreement that we would each have custody of our daughter every other week, with Friday evening being the exchange day.

This is supposed to be my week with our daughter. However, my future ex went and picked her up from daycare, and is now saying that she will be keeping her until the court date, when the judge can decide how to arrange custody.

All of my research indicates that, since we do not have a legal separation in place, and haven't been legally declared divorced yet, I should be entitled to 50% of the time with my daughter . . . however, the local law enforcement is telling me that there is really nothing they can do at the moment.

I need advice . . . I just want the 50% of time with my daughter that I was supposed to get, that's all.

Any thoughts?
Unfortunately until there is a court order stating that you have 50/50 custody there isn't much that you can do. Press forward for a court order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">