• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Decree/life Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dvt

What is the name of your state?OREGON
MY QUESTION IS THIS...DURING OUR DIVORCE MY HUSBAND WAS ORDERED TO PAY SPOUSAL SUPPORT OF $200.00 A MONTH TILL 9/06. HE WAS ALSO ORDERED TO TO KEEP HIS LIFE INSURANCE IN MY NAME AS "SOLE BENEFICIARY" UNTIL THAT TIME AS WELL AS HIS PENSION...ALL OF THIS WAS ORDERED THROUGH THE COURTS IN OUR DIVORCE DECREE....WELL DOWN THE ROAD SOMEWHERE HE TOOK MY NAME OFF AND ADDED A GIRLFRIEND TO THEM AND RECENTLY HE PASSED AWAY. I HAD KNOW IDEA THAT THESE DOCUMENTS HAD BEEN CHANGED BECAUSE HE WAS ALSO TO GIVE ME COPIES OF THESE EVERY YEAR TILL 2006. NOW THE LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY AND THE PENSION PLAN PEOPLE HAVE TO MAKE A RULING ON WEATHER THE CLAIM GOES TO HER OR ME. IN THE DECREE IT SAYS THAT THE LIFE INSURANCE WAS TO HAVE ME AS SOLE BENEFICARY AS A PROTECTION FOR THE SPOUSAL SUPPORT AND IT SAYS THAT I WILL BE SOUL BENEFICARY ON THAT POLICY UNTIL SEPTEMBER 2006. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS. I DIDNT WANT THE DIVORCE AND I NEVER EXPECTED HIM TO PASS AWAY EITHER, BUT HE HAS. PLEASE HELP.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH. DVT

BelizeBreeze

YOu need to first stop posting in all caps. Then you need an attorney tomorrow. This is not something that can be litigated on an internet forum.

dvt

Oregon

Thank you for your reply on this matter. Sorry about the all caps. It was just a little faster to type that way. dvt :rolleyes:

Dandy Don

Let's hope that the life insurance company and pension company will rule in your favor so that you get some or most of this money. Husband committed a serious legal error by taking your name off and you need to make sure that the life insurance company and pension company know about what he did and what the divorce decree stated, and yes, you need to get an attorney to help you with this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">