• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce decree non compliance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Nebraska
The divorce decree calls for the sep ira to be equally divided.
The plan administrators say that because it is only the account number not the fund number that is stated in the divorce decree, it is not enough for me to send it. They would like us to send a letter of instruction with a garanteed signature (each of us).
My x does not comply unless I submitt to conditions that he puts and he is generally uncooprative.
The sep ira administrator says that I will, probably, have to go to court again so the court will order the plan to go ahead and divide the ira.
Can I arrange it in court without a lawyer? (I spent so much money already)
How can I force him to pay past lawyer's fee which he was ordered to pay in the decree and did not pay? (my lawyer told me that it is up to me to pay so I went ahead and paid but I still want the money).
Is there a way that I can achieve the above two tasks without using a lawyer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential