• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Forms in NY Uncontested Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

div0rz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
New York

I used the DIY Divorce program for uncontested divorces in NY. It created the printouts and lists that I have to file a Summons with Notice with the county clerk. It also lists a Verified Complaint and tells me to notarize it, but doesn't tell me what to do with it.

My question is what is this Verified Complaint for and what do I do with it? Notarize? File it with the County Clerk along with all the other papers?

Thank you.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I used the DIY Divorce program for uncontested divorces in NY.
Divorces? You've done this before?

My question is what is this Verified Complaint for and what do I do with it? Notarize? File it with the County Clerk along with all the other papers?
The complaint is the document that begins the divorce action, in the same manner that a criminal complaint begins a criminal action against a defendant.

Yes, it gets notarized and submitted to the court.

If you don't know what you're doing I suggest an attorney - many I know of charge a reasonable flat fee for an uncontested that includes filling out and filing all paperwork.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">