• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce in Indiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Reika

My friend is going through a divorce with his wife. He was in the Army for 20 years and married to his wife for 14. They have two kids together and she has done nothing but spend all the money he ever made to totaling to about 500k on useless stuff instead of bills. She has spent it on freshwater pearls, expensive vacations and basically on stuff except for their children. She also cheated on him with another man but vehemently denies it even though he has seen their messages and her family also knows about her infidelity. She left him in 2010 to go live with her parents because she wanted someone else to shoulder the responsibility of their children. They had a joint account where she took all his money from his pension and paychecks and left him with MAYBE 200 for the whole month. They havent lived together for a few years now because she treats him like a foot stool and never wants to have sex with him. There have been times where she took all the money and left him with nothing so he couldnt get to work and he had to beg money from his parents or me. He made a new checking account when his dad and I told him to and put his paychecks and pension there and when she found out, she flipped and threatened to call the White House VA on him to arrest him for moving it without her consent even though it is his money that he worked for. Now she is divorcing him after months and months of lying to him to try to get money from him to buy more pearls. The bank records show no money going towards the kids, just towards pearls. Her parents take care of the kids while she sits around her parents’ house and goes to work. She makes way more than he does and yet she is demanding most of his money in the divorce. What are his chances of being able to save what is his because if she manages to get that, he will be destitute.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I’ve seen the messages she has sent and comments she made about him. A lot of people can confirm this situation and there is plenty of evidence to support it.
So why is he unable to help himself? Most here really prefer to deal with the actual party.

p.s. I'm still thinking you only know one side of the story. I'm certain your friend did *nothing* to contribute to her horrible, terrible, no good behavior.

Reika

She has a spending problem and it is absolute greed that is driving this woman. There are so many people who can attest to it, but I’m just trying to find information or get advice for him because I care about him. I apologize if I am not him, but I’m just trying to help him.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I would just like to point out: freshwater pearls are not extravagant compared to saltwater pearls.

So, when you go on about the pearls, it sounds a little exaggerated.

If you want to help your "friend", my legal advice is that you help him find a lawyer and a therapist. Your attitude towards his wife can only hurt him, legally, if it rubs off on him. He has to go to court without you.

Reika

The issue with the pearls is that it is a gambling thing. She has a chance of not getting anything but she has spent well over 10k on the site that she goes on to buy them. It’s not just pearls, it’s also pearl jewelry, oysters and games that are expensive. We are trying to help him get a lawyer right now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">