• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce in texas but husband in Jamaica

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas
I want to file for a divorce, I live in Missouri but my husband lives in Jamaica. I am not sure how the papers will be served on him. We have a child (4) and we both do not want to be married any more. Will he have to come back to the US so that this can be done. We don't own a property and he is not working over there.


Senior Member
Are you in Texas or Missouri?

In any event, both states have provisions for serving by publication. And, if you know where he is in Jamaica, there are several companies who will serve him there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential