• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce & New Marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amina.w

Hello , I live in Massachusetts
Last year I traveled to Morocco to marry a Moroccan man that I knew for about 2 1/2 months I know it was very foolish of me. Shortly after I came home and would not file a petition we "lost contact" I want to get remarried to my Jamaican Fiancé and file a petition for him he is already in the states. I never registered my Moroccan marriage would I need to divorce before I can get married again ?

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Last year I traveled to Morocco to marry a Moroccan man that I knew for about 2 1/2 months I know it was very foolish of me. Shortly after I came home and would not file a petition we "lost contact" I want to get remarried to my Jamaican Fiancé and file a petition for him he is already in the states. I never registered my Moroccan marriage would I need to divorce before I can get married again ?
Yes, you need to get divorced before you remarry.

Just Blue

Yes. You do.

Last edited by a moderator:

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
My legal advice would be: don't get into romances when you're still married. (I'm such a boring wet blanket that way.) Bigamy is illegal in this country. No, you can't get a fiancé visa for future second husband while still married. If this is a problem for future second husband, and he just can't wait, then maybe he's not interested in marrying you for your charming personality.

My *personal* advice: get to know a person before marrying them - especially since the whirlwind 2 1/2 month romance thing already hasn't worked out for you. Like, a year or more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">