• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce or annulment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? NC

My wife has left and moved overseas permanently...
is there a way that I can expedite a divorce, or perhaps an annullment without having to wait a year from date of separation?



No. In North Carolina, an absolute divorce may be granted on one of two grounds: one year's separation pursuant and incurable insanity. Obtaining a divorce based on incurable insanity requires a minimum three-year separation and also requires that evidence be given by specified experts as to the spouse's insanity. You'll have to wait the year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential