• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Missouri

How does a Agreed Divorce work? Spouse moved to another state(no children involved and no bank accounts), would I send him the paperwork to sign AND will he have to get the paperwork notorized?

How long does it take divorces to be finalized in Missouri? Do we have to show up in court for the final hearing?

I am wanting to do my own paperwork, will the courthouse provide the forms OR is it better for me to purchase the $149.00 kit online?

Thank you for your time.


Senior Member
Some courts have "packets" available to the public and others merely provide "law libraries" in which you are welcome to research the case and find/copy the necessary documents to proceed w/your filing.
The exact process, though, varies by municipality so your best bet is to contact the clerk of the court where you are at and inquire w/them as to the process for an "uncontested divorce/dissolution of marriage"....they will be able to tell you if they have the packet (it comes w/the forms and instructions on completing the forms and the process thereafter), what the time frame is, what the filing fees are, etc.......

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential