• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce uncontested Indiana Child relocation.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BetterDays79

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

My wife filed in April for divorce, it was a uncontested divorce we agreed on all matters. Included, we agreed in the forms I could relocate to another state, we named the kids that would be moving with me. Also made a visitation schedule added in the agreement. We also filed a waiver for a final hearing, On the the papers, that I received back from the court was online parenting class, and in person $50 class for parenting. After both online, and in person parenting class, we handed in our certificates. We both attended, than afterwards filed a waiver for the final hearing.

My question, is we have agreed once the decree is final can I move to said state that was in agreement? Can a judge not allow the move, though we have agreement that was filed in the uncontested divorce papers?

Lastly I know in the state of Indiana, it's a 60 day state before the divorce can be final. Are those 60 days, including weekends, and holidays I want my divorce over as soon as possible.

BetterDays79

Why is the best way to wait it's a 60 day state. I just want move on with my life and not hurt anymore a deceee will help me

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Why is the best way to wait it's a 60 day state. I just want move on with my life and not hurt anymore a deceee will help me
The decree is NOT going to help you not be hurt.

You say you want to just be done with this and move on. Well, if you wait 60 days and then find out you were off by a day, it could undo all that waiting you've already done. Think of it like this...let's say you have this important set of papers to send off. You COULD weigh it on your home scale and then place the bare minimum of postage for that weight, but then you run the risk of miscalculating and having it returned for extra postage, whereupon you're going to have to mail it all over again. The better way to do it is to put extra postage on it to make sure it gets there the first time. Those extra waiting days are the "extra postage".

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
https://forum.freeadvice.com/divorce-separation-annulment-36/divorce-indiana-60-days-count-weekends-holidays-634772.html

Dude, wait the 90 days to make sure the ink is dry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">