• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Roseann

I am thinking about getting a divorce, i have not really worked since we were married 17 years ago he really never wanted me to. I have worked off and on but not for a long peirods of time. Will i be able to get support for my self and my son. He has stocks but it is all in his name will i be able to benefit from it. The house is in both our names will we have to sell it, if so will i be able to get half of the sell. He is a very jeasouls man,he is not phiscally abuses but he is verbally abussing me and is all was accusing me of things, i just can't take it anymore. I live in Michigan. please help.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Roseann said:
I am thinking about getting a divorce, i have not really worked since we were married 17 years ago he really never wanted me to. I have worked off and on but not for a long peirods of time. Will i be able to get support for my self and my son. He has stocks but it is all in his name will i be able to benefit from it. The house is in both our names will we have to sell it, if so will i be able to get half of the sell. He is a very jeasouls man,he is not phiscally abuses but he is verbally abussing me and is all was accusing me of things, i just can't take it anymore. I live in Michigan. please help.

My response:

Please help, what ?

Do you want a divorce ? Then get a divorce. We're not here for a shoulder to cry on. See a Family Law attorney.

IAAL

LegalBeagle

Roseann said:
You will be entilited to a great deal regardless of whos name the assets are in. You will also be able to get CS if you win custody of the child. Alimony is also a possibility. For cases like this, you have no choice but to retain your own attorney as IAAL suggested. Without one, he will screw you over and you will end up with nothing..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">