• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dna testing wrong

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
And you have never been to a hick town court which is presided over by a magistrate not judge. I had 11 attorneys as at first the award was 50.00 a week. I inherited a business and course was dragged back into court represented by the best attorneys from 4 counties. Over 30 visitation violations in one year. Answer, sorry nothing we can do, let's look at your support order again while your here regardless I am glad I stopped the pursuit when she was 11. No regrets, no remorse. It's kind of weird. If a man is convicted of murder and then released by DNA innocence do you believe he should still serve because someone HAS to take responsibility and he was already there serving and the court deemed him guilty?
Hicksville is downright urban from where I'm sitting.

So yes, I have been in a rural town court presided over by a magistrate.

My child has a particular trait that is considered genetically recessive. I share the trait - her father does not. I have met no one in her father's family with this trait. I have observed no one in the villages/towns that her father's people are from with this trait. Even in large cities in her father's home country, this trait is not seen in this ethnic group.

Genetics can be a weird thing.

Oh, and some of the genetics testing "for fun" comes up with weird results. Although both my parents have ethnicity estimates for more than one European region, somehow my ethnicity estimate came up 99% one ethnicity... and the balance Nigerian. :ROFLMAO: Off to send some emails...

Mass_Shyster

I doubt you can sue the DNA company that did the test 25 years ago. I assume (but haven't checked) that the statute of limitations has long since past.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I doubt you can sue the DNA company that did the test 25 years ago. I assume (but haven't checked) that the statute of limitations has long since past.
Not to mention that the OP knew at the time that there was still a chance the child wasn't his, yet still chose to accept the results.

EDIT: Yes, two different things. I am speaking to a defense, while you are speaking of the ability to even maintain a claim to that point.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I suspect he could have contested the results, and petitioned for a retest, but that ship sailed long ago.

And even within the statute of limitations, if he had shown that he wasn't the biological father, he would still have to prove... well, something. Like, that they were knowingly using faulty lab technique, leading to contamination or false matches. And it would be unlikely that there would be the only one false match.

Maybe the false positive is due to all the inbreeding in that hick town...

Just Blue

I suspect he could have contested the results, and petitioned for a retest, but that ship sailed long ago.

And even within the statute of limitations, if he had shown that he wasn't the biological father, he would still have to prove... well, something. Like, that they were knowingly using faulty lab technique, leading to contamination or false matches. And it would be unlikely that there would be the only one false match.

Maybe the false positive is due to all the inbreeding in that hick town...
Perhaps OP singular genic profile is due to "keeping it in the family". ;)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
O/T Amusingly, there *is* a Hicksville, NY. Though being on the Island, I doubt it has been home to hicks for quite some time...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">