• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dna

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

keligirl13

A man separates from his wife for over a year to another state. Husband moves to Florida wife stays in Chicago. He sees her though twice when he visits her state and she seems the same. He decides to file for divorce. She receives the paperwork and 3 days later she flies to his state with a 10 month old child claiming its his. He goes ahead with the divorce and his lawyer asks the judge to push a DNA. The judge states that the parents have to pay for it and he needs to start paying child support. What kind of judge would make that decision on the facts I just told you? DNA is very expensive, do you know any other way we can have this done without me paying it all? The times the husband saw his wife, she never showed any signs that she was pregnant. When she would call on the phone, she also never mentioned giving birth. The divorce is now final and he is paying for a child that may not be his. :confused:

Last edited:

tigger22472

The people from your other posts tried to in a nice out of the way tell you why you aren't getting responses to your posts. It states VERY clearly in nice BIG red letters that in all posts you need to state what state you are from and any states you are refering to. Every state has different laws so it' s hard to help when don't know where you are. You will continue to either A)get nasty responses about it or 2) get no answers at all from your posts....(and yes I realize I did A and 2...)

CMSC

i will try to help, husband in this case is considered biological because child was conceived during marriage. I would suggest hubby scrounge up money to pay for DNA test instead of 21 years of unneccesary child support! from what it sounds like hubby is question if she was ever pregnant, call her and ask where child was born, request a birth certificate from Vital Statistics in that state, ask questions about 10 month old, go for custody, eventually if child is not his (or hers for that matter) she will confess.
Some questiosn to ask would be:
what day care is baby in?
what hospital was baby born in?
when was baby born?
any health concerns?
these type of things so an interest in child and may make mother tell the truth.
One other thing, I just happened to click on this post and only saw tiggers response, it clearly states in your post what state parents are from so someone either edited this post to make me think I am crazy or you guys have nothing better to complain about, no offense Tigger!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">